Another Reason to be Glad I am not a Suscomer!

December 3, 2007 at 10:06 am 5 comments

Back in the BlazeNet/Suscom days we offered Fixed Broadband Wireless in Harrisburg, York, and Lancaster. One of our main sites was on Blue Mountain north of Harrisburg.

I checked the local news this morning and there was a fire in the building that we had our wireless equipment in. If you watch the video our equipment was inside the door to the right.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8ae3397d-a969-47ee-a594-7bcce3738aec

I can just imagine that call at 3 in the morning:

On Call Tech: “Uh Jerry the North Tower Building is on fire and our wireless is down!”
Jerry: “Great. Let me know when the fire is out.”

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , .

Bumper Sticker First 100 .com names

5 Comments Add your own

  • 1. Todd Walter  |  December 3, 2007 at 9:10 pm

    WOW! I still think the Reeser’s tower falling still wins…

  • 2. Chuck  |  December 4, 2007 at 8:24 am

    Yes. I still have those pictures!

  • 3. Chuck  |  December 4, 2007 at 8:24 am

    We got McGloned on that one!

  • 4. Jerry Kalligonis  |  December 4, 2007 at 8:42 pm

    This email is an Instant Classic!

    From: Scott Austin [saustin@ddogcom.com] Sent: Tue 12/4/2007 5:15 PM
    To: Kalligonis, Jerry
    Cc: ‘Ernie Preston Jr.’; ‘Dave Hagan Jr’
    Subject: RE: Blue Mtn
    Attachments:
    View As Web Page

    Jerry,

    While I am not 100% sure I believe that we did purchase it… I would have to go back and read the docs.

    All I can say is I hope that we (Old BlazeNet equipment) did not burn it down… UGH!

    Dave,

    I suggest that we get up there to check out our equipment…

    Scott